Waikiki Shore, Waikiki HI Homes & Real Estate
Jump To: Neighborhood | Amenities | Features of the Residences
One of the most popular establishments for legal short-term rentals in the Waikiki area for its location alone, Waikiki Shore (by Castle Resorts & Hotels) is a condotel located along Fort DeRussy Beach and directly down the street from the mega-popular shopping strip Kalakaua Avenue. Built in 1960, Waikiki Shore features 15 floors and 168 studio to 3-bedroom units. Given that this condotel is located directly on the beach, visitors have gorgeous views overlooking Fort DeRussy Beach Park and the Pacific Ocean (depending on the unit), which is extremely rare and well sought-after for a condotel in Waikiki.
Photo: Castle Resorts
Waikiki Shore is located in a pristine spot in Waikiki, with direct and convenient access to Fort DeRussy Park, Fort DeRussy Beach, and the Pacific Ocean right outside of the condotel. Just up Saratoga Road, though, is Kalakaua Avenue, an immensely popular strip known for its abundance of designer stores, chain fast fashion shops, local boutiques, restaurants, and more. This street is constantly receiving traffic due to it running all the way through the center of Waikiki, and it is a popular tourist destination for visitors staying in or near the area.
As a result, those staying at Waikiki Shore can take Kalakaua Avenue (or one of its neighboring streets) all the way down to arguably the most popular and well-known beach in all of Hawai'i- Waikiki Beach. This area is always packed with tourists and locals alike, and it has a variety of restaurants and bars open later in the day which makes Waikiki's nightlife very active.
Traveling in the opposite direction, Waikiki Shore visitors can drive through Fort DeRussy Beach Park and up Ala Moana Boulevard to reach the largest open-air shopping center in the world- the Ala Moana Center. This shopping mall features hundreds of designer boutiques, local stores, fast fashion spots, restaurants, and even year-round live performances. This is an incredibly popular location year-round, so expect the mall to be busy regardless of which day and time you decide to visit.
For nearby outdoor experiences, Ala Moana Beach Park is also nearby (just across Ala Moana Boulevard from the Ala Moana Center), which is a great spot to spend time with friends and family outdoors, exercise, have a picnic, or just enjoy the Hawaiian climate. In the opposite direction, the Honolulu Zoo is also available for a fun family-friendly excursion, as is the famous Diamond Head hike.
Photos: koabeachservice.com / AllTrails
Unfortunately, Waikiki Shore does not offer as many amenities as other condotels in the Waikiki area. The few amenities offered here include:
- Resident Manager
- Security Guard
- Storage areas
There are also a couple of apparel and boutique shops, beach rentals, gift shops, and restaurants located on the ground level of Waikiki Shore.
Though Waikiki Shore does not have many on-site amenities, its excellent location more than makes up for this.
Features of the Residences
As previously mentioned, Waikiki Shore offers studio to 3-bedroom unit configurations. The features of each unit type and respective square footage are as follows:
- Studio Deluxe Park View: 400 square feet, features a kitchenette and a private lanai overlooking Fort DeRussy Park
- Studio Deluxe Ocean View: 400 square feet, features a kitchenette and a private lanai overlooking Fort DeRussy Park and the ocean
- 1-Bedroom Park View: 540 square feet, features a full kitchen and a private lanai overlooking Fort DeRussy Park
- 1-Bedroom Deluxe Ocean View: 720 square feet, features a full kitchen and a private lanai overlooking Fort DeRussy Park and the ocean
- 2-Bedroom Deluxe Park View: 1,060 square feet, features a full kitchen and a private lanai overlooking Fort DeRussy Park
- 2-Bedroom Deluxe Ocean View: 1,060 square feet, features a full kitchen and a private lanai overlooking Fort DeRussy Park and the ocean
- 2-Bedroom 2-Bath Deluxe Ocean View: 1,160 square feet, features 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, and a private lanai overlooking Fort DeRussy Park and the ocean
- 2-Bedroom 2-Bath Premier Ocean View: 1,160 square feet, features 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, and a private lanai overlooking Fort DeRussy Park with amazing ocean views
- 2-Bedroom Deluxe Ocean Front: 1,190 square feet, features 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, and a private lanai with incredible views looking directly and uninterruptedly out onto the Pacific Ocean
Some of the other features that can be expected within the Waikiki Shore residences include:
- Hardwood flooring
- Granite countertops
- Central air conditioning
- In-unit washers and dryers
- Flat-screen TVs
- Hawaiian coffee and coffee makers
- In-room safe
Photos: Castle Resorts