Newest Kaka'ako Condo Project- Kalae
Recently approved in August 2022 is Kalae, which will be the tenth residential luxary condominium in the Ward Village neighborhood of downtown Honolulu. This condo is being developed by the Howard Hughes Corporation (an experienced developer of master-planned communities), designed by Solomon Cordwell Buenz (an international Chicago-based firm who also designed this building's Ward Village sibling Anaha), with interior design by NICOLEHOLLIS (an award-winning team of interior designers, architects, and furniture designers) and landscape design by VITA Planning and Landscape Architecture, Inc (Landscape Architect for Park Lane, Ala Moana)
Ward Village is a comfortable and extremely walkable neighborhood, which has access to a variety of boutiques, restaurants, and walking or biking paths. Ward Village is also located within walking distance of shopping locations like the Ala Moana Shopping Center, SALT, the largest Whole Foods Market in the state, and more.
For those who enjoy exercising outdoors, Ala Moana Beach Park is less than a 5-minute walk away, while beach and surfing lovers also have the famous Hawaiian beaches and waters right at their fingertips.
The Kalae condominium itself will be located on the front row parcel of the Ward Village neighborhood, which is right across from Kewalo Harbor. The building's architecture will feature a modern twist on traditional Hawaiian architecture, with floor-to-ceiling glass for gorgeous visibilty of the Pacific Ocean from within the Southern residences, while the Northern residences will look out onto the other Ward Village condos and the city.
Kalae will host a variety of luxary amenities for residents, including:
- Open and recreation spaces of 19,282 and 71,689 square feet respectively (58,038 square feet of outdoor recreation space and 13,651 square feet of indoor recreation space)
- 559 off-street parking spaces, plus four off-street loading areas to serve the building
- A bicycle facility
- A sustainable experience including reduced waste, energy and water consumption, more healthy and productive environments, and reductions in greenhouse gas emissions
- Ground-level commercial space
- A family pool and an exercise pool
- A spa
- Pavillon courtyards
- Amenity decks on all levels
More details are to be released as the project moves further into its development, but residents can expect 330 total units with options of 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom units, and possibly separate penthouse or 4-bedroom unit floor layouts.